The Amazing Curiosity of Puppies!






In training my newest member of my pack, Sir Jax; I am just amazed at the curiosity of our fur babies! Everything is so new and exciting to him. It's important to see the world through his eyes! So innocent, bold, unafraid and just CURIOUS about EVERYTHING!

The MOST important command you MUST teach your puppy is "Leave it". Make sure that when teaching this command, or any command, to be gentle with your puppy. They are young and want to please you. It is your  job to teach them how.

My first lesson in training was to drop a treat on the floor and tell my Pup to "Leave it". When they obey your command, then and only then, will you give them a DIFFERENT treat! Move up to placing more and more treats on the floor.

Here is a personal photo of my Beagle Sambina and myself learning this technique! Look at my Binas FACE!! HA!




I have finally have learned the importance of Puppy Proofing my house! Just as if you are Toddler Proofing, the same rules apply. My house is puppy proofed. Is yours?

Research suggests that the best way to keep your fur babies out of trouble is to keep their space limited. We recommend Dog Gates and Dog Kennels .

You will find great deals at www.bestdealsforpets.com

Now, let's move into the yard, your puppies domain. Always check your perimeter for any holes in fencing. Pups are experts at escaping! If you do not have a fenced yard; you can find awesome deals on Wireless Fences and GPS Collars for Dogs!




You will find the best way to keep your pup out of trouble and curve their curiosity is to wear them out! Running and playing is definitely the funnest way to keep my Sir Jax out of trouble!

A tired Puppy is NOT a curious puppy!

For more help with training your furry friend check out

 These games are AMAZING!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things to understand before beginning dog training

3 tips for dealing with Pet Separation Anxiety